Tuesday, July 6, 2010

FOOD AND CULTURE

As i browse through the dishes at, http://www.cnngo.com/singapore/none/40-singapore-foods-we-cant-live-without-810208, i like the Goreng pisang, Curry puff , Dum briyani, Murtabak, Roti prata and BBQ chicken wings the best. Out of all, my favourite food is the BBQ chicken wings. There is a reason i like it. But before that, i want to point out that most of the dishes that i like are from the Indian and Malay cuisine.

I started to like goreng pisang, the Malay snack, since the day my mum brought it up after she browsed through a cooking book. I think the dish is attractive enough to catch her eye. She made the dish during the day i came home from my primary 5 camp. How far i know about goreng pisang, the important ingredient to make the dish is banana. Thus, the dish has a taste of banana. Goreng pisang is yellow brownish in color and it is very sweet. The sweetness taste is the one i like the most!

Next dish i like is the curry puff. In malay, curry puffs is known as karipap. I won't like it if there is no potatoes inside the curry puffs. Ha ha. Curry puffs is introduced from the malay origin. Different ingredients example, the potatoes, has the different taste of the curry puff.

Roti prata is nice too! I really love it and I'm so thankful because it is sold at one of the stalls in my school canteen. Sometimes, i will eat it with my friends and it really taste good when the roti prata is eaten with curry!

For the dum briyani, the dish most of the time is cooked during events like wedding ceremonies. I like the dish because it tastes very nice. It is unique as the rice is in yellow in color and it is from the indian cuisine. The dum briyani taste good when we eat the rice with chicken! Ha ha.


Lastly, this is the food that i can't stop loving it. It is called the murtabak. Again, it is also from the indian cuisine. I wil eat it with my family sometimes during the weekends. We will buy it from the hawker centre nearby our house and eat it at home together.

Before i end my post, i would want to say that it is really possible that one of the ways to foster family bonding ties is by eating many dishes from different cuisine, etc indian cuisine, malay cuisine, chinese cuisine and a few more others. Example, when this is taken place during the weekends or holidays. This helps one to communicate with each other more than weekdays as almost all in the family is busy. Not only travelling or picnicking with family, but eating together could be one of the list of family bonding.

0 comments:

Post a Comment